About Us

Margot Rutherford Notary Public, Courtenay office

Since 1980 our office address has changed 3 times.  Our permanent location is a 1940’s home on Fitzgerald Avenue near 10th Street.  We moved here on July 1st, 2008 after extension renovations by local contractor, Bill Quigg and a huge number of our family and friends.  Bill and his core sub-trades insulated the exterior walls, upgraded the electrical and plumbing, dry walled, installed the heat pumps so that we could work in comfort winter and summer.  We also had the roof replaced.  The amazing colour scheme was created by Morgen Parkin of Santa Morgie Design.  Needless to say we are very happy here.  We believe if you work 1/3 of a day it better be in a nice environment.

Staff Members: 

Margot, Notary practicing since 1980

Ann MacDermid, retired in 2015 after 28 years Conveyancing

Janet Lampman, worked in the legal field and Conveyancing since 1987

Dana Watson, Conveyancer, daughter of Ann MacDermid, started with Margot in 2015

Tess Hingert, Administrative Assistant, started with Margot in 2016